Pages

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Things to make me smile!

Other than the children of course ( before I am chastised ) obviously they give me the biggest smiles...even at 3 a.m.
No, these are the material things that I have added to my growing collection.
I have decided the house needs cheering up, especially now all of the lovely Christmas decorations have gone. I have 'taken over' the Kitchen and Dining room and given them a much needed facelift and have been keeping my peepers open for pretty things to complete the transformation.
My local charity shops have been particularly obliging, I seem to be able to spot exactly what I want! Maybe it was always there before and I just didn't see it? Anyway, I am rather pleased with my new Vintage treasures; Mr Bunny is too as I am being very thrifty.
I have developed a love for coloured glass, I can't think why I didn't see it all before. Green especially is gorgeous. I found these only last week and I just know they are going to look wonderful filled with Daffodils.
Aren't they pretty!
I also found this. I am not quite sure what it will be used for. It's too small for fruit really and a little wide for flowers. Am sure I shall find a use for it, it was too nice to leave on the shelf.
I think my favourite find was this adorable little piece of Crown Derby. It was an absolute steal frankly, apparently it's hard to find. It does have a little crazing to the glaze but I think it just adds to it's charm. It was only when I took it to show Grandma that she reminded me she had a matching piece; a jam pot that belonged to her Nanny! I knew it looked familiar.
When I spotted this sweet tray I had to have it. Aren't Hydrangeas beautiful? I love how happy this is, it has already been put to good use and the price was no more than pocket money.
Oh, have just spotted the wall behind it -ughh. That was before the facelift, it's much brighter now!
I also found a few other bits and bobs that are dotted around, I am really pleased with them all and I think the Kitchen is looking especially nice.
I shall have to make pastry now!


I really will have to stop buying for a while; I am running out of shelves and cabinets to store things. Maybe I just need hubby to put more up for me? The ones he put up are already being put to good use as you can see.
Well I really must dash, it's so lovely today - almost sunny enough to use the washing line ( I did say almost)
Hope the sun is shining wherever you are,

Love
http://www.wikio.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. I just adore green glass as well - have turned my kitchen windows into the green glass display nook - it is so pretty when the sun shine through!
    Please get in touch with me regarding William A Palin - I have found new info!!
    palinfamily.tribalpages.com
    Cheers, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovely.
    Oh goodness that sounds exciting; am off to have a look and will drop you a line, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin