Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

Vintage Kitsch at Pilfered



I have to hold my hands up and admit that one of my biggest time wasters is sitting on Facebook.
I know, it’s usually a pointless feed of nonsense and other folks moans and woes. But sometimes you come across something like this that really, really catches your eye!



Vintage Retro Pin Up
I know; gorgeous isn’t it!! Does it remind anyone else of certain lovely Pin Up lady?

How about this adorable set of bottles?

Vintage Retro Pin Up
Or these terribly pretty ceramic pin up vases?
Vintage PinUp Retro

So being the frightful nosy poke that I am I just had to know more about these super creations.
I contacted the lady responsible (who turned out to be simply lovely and is called Jenna Greenwood by the way) and asked if I could feature some of them on this little blog. I also asked her one or two questions which she very kindly answered.

Mumma Bunny   What is the name of your Company, how did you come up with it and where are you?
Jenna   Pilfered! It came to me when I was trying to explain that I ‘pilfered’,  bottles and jars from recycling bins to paint. I’m based in Bradford, West Yorkshire

Mumma Bunny  Do you work from home or have a studio?
Jenna   Home...much to my parents displeasure (they are forever tripping over tea pots and cleaning up after me!)

Mumma Bunny   What made you start Pilfered?
Jenna   I am a Medical Photographer by day and missed getting my hands dirty! I have an art and design background and prior to being a photographer, almost ended up on a fashion design degree before retraining at the last minute.  I try my hand at most crafts...jewellery making, photography (less nowadays as it’s my job) and painting anything I can get my hands on!


Mumma Bunny   Where do you get your inspiration from?
Jenna   Anywhere and everywhere...50s kitsch, animals, circus themes, food and my childlike imagination!

Mumma Bunny   Do you have any plans to expand the range to include textiles or furniture?
Jenna   I would love to try larger scale items like refurbished furniture but currently don't have the space!

Mumma Bunny   What are your dreams for the Company?
Jenna   To be able to leave my full time job, have my own workshop and maybe a trusted assistant to mould Pilfered into a much sought after, collectable and well loved brand.


The very talented Jenna will take your forlorn and unloved China, Glass or even Mirrors and turn them into these lovely pieces of art.


Just perfect for your dressing table, kitchen, sitting room; in fact I think I would put them anywhere. That’s the beauty of them, you get to pick from a range of things she has available to be made beautiful
Not only that but she also has a marvellous selection of transfers such as these for you to browse to make your choice even more personal. 


Was there ever anything more perfect for a girly prezzie?! (Not that any special days are coming or anything like that of course...)

You can find Pilfered and Jenna on Facebook where she takes orders and you can have a peek at more of her work. You can also buy pretty things ready to deliver online.
Everything is modestly priced in my humble opinion but she has kindly offered my readers a further 10% off an order until the end of October, hurrah! As she has recently added some Halloween themed items this couldn’t come at a more perfect time. Just quote the code Newpal1 when you place your order.


Thank you so much Jenna for taking the time to talk to me about your work and of course I wish you every success with Pilfered. Here’s to seeing it sold nationally very soon!

Love,
http://www.wikio.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always make my day!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin