Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

Business Mums Unite - at last!

October last year I was lucky enough to attend to the launch of Business Mums Unite.
I don't mind telling you I was a more than a little apprehensive as it was my first ever large event of this type. As it turns out I had a really super day.
The Venue was very easy to find, very impressive, the staff were friendly and the buffet lunch provided was scrummy!

In the morning there were some truly inspirational women speakers including Elaine Hanzak Gott. I am sure I am not the only person in the room to be moved to tears by her incredible story. She came across as such a warm and upbeat lady that you would have absolutely no idea of the personal trials she has endured. The fact that she chooses to help people whilst at the same time dealing with the things that life has thrown at her is truly amazing.


Rebecca Jones
made a wonderfully humorous speech. Her style was so animated and she seemed to have so much energy that you couldn't help but be captivated. She gave some really valuable pieces of advise; in particular doing less but doing it better and scheduling time more effectively in order to appear more professional - even if you are working from under your stairs. She also wore the most gorgeous red shoes.



Noami Temperley also spoke about her path to success with Baby Loves Disco and how she entered and survived the Dragons Den; brave and incredibly down to earth.

After a very yummy picnic lunch on the carpet (lots of fun) and far too much cheesecake I attended two workshops. The first one held by Becky from Baby Budgeting on how to generate income from your blog. I took a great many notes and learnt a lot so thank you Becky for all the fab tips.

The second, small business accounting was run by Georgina from Starfish Accounting Being horribly mathematically challenged shall we say, if ever I needed a notepad it was now!
Georgina managed to make it sound not quite so scary and explained the important parts in, what I should imagine are to her very simple terms. She patiently answered all our questions and I definitely came away with a clearer understanding of what is required. Thank you!
Shall still be using an accountant though, really cannot face it on a regular basis...

As well as meeting some truly lovely other ladies I also met one who I think will continue to be a life long friend. I entered a twitter competition for mentoring from The Mother Factor
A.K.A Sally Petitt. Since then she and I have had many conversations and are planning a girly day out. Sally is one of the most generous and kind ladies I have ever met, if you are a Mother in business or thinking of starting one I highly recommend her services.

The whole event was planned by the lovely Charlotte Pearson. I have no idea how you manage to plan something on a scale such as this and still look so utterly unfrazzled but she pulled it off perfectly.



I know that Business Mums Unite 2012 is in the planning, not only that but she also runs Mummy Fever which is launching on the 17th February. Thank you Charlotte and I am so very sorry it has taken so long to get this written up for you, I truly had a wonderful day!

Love,

<span class=http://www.wikio.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Looked a amazing event such a shame I couldn't make it!! Well Done Charlotte!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, great work :) follow me and I’ll follow you back :) xx

    http://lifewithalipglosssmile.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin