Pages

Monday 20 June 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

Am not quite sure what prompted me to post after so many weeks; it's been a strange year and I am trying to put into words why I haven't blogged for a while but haven't quite managed it yet. (Hopefully I will soon...)

I have however, managed to do some crafty things with the girls for Fathers Day. They had such fun  making everything. As with all of the special days, I really object to mass produced rubbish. After lots of browsing I found so many lovely things for us to make; there really are some generous and very talented folk out there!

I thought this idea from Amy at The Ideas Room was super. We adapted it a bit as I wanted to treat Mr Bunny to a taste of home. So some Australian beer was ordered and the girls coloured in the little shirts and ties to add to them.

I picked up the wine carrier for nothing at the supermarket and mixed the paint from some leftover pots.
Then I stood back and let them at it. There was the odd splatter on the cheeks of one and the other one had it in her nostrils ( you don't have to ask) but they actually did a really good job of it and didn't fling it around the room at all!
Once it was dry they put the bottles in and I made a label for it. I think it looks fab; Mr Bunny certainly looked pleased with it!
We also filled a large jar with sweets to go on his desk. I cannot lie; this did involve a small amount of sampling by the twins. Obviously they had to make sure they were nice before they parted with them. The labels came from the Martha Stewart website. She has some very clever ideas and lots of free printables too.
We also made him a little book of vouchers for car washing, lawn mowing, foot rubs and other such Daddy treats. I did the ribbon and the girls did the stamping and punching.



Vouchers from Martha Stewart


After the big clean up and lunch they made handprints and I framed them for Mr Bunny to hang in his study. I couldn't for the life of me find a twin handprint poem so I re jigged one that I found online. I think this gave Daddy the biggest smile of all.


Add to that a much deserved lie in, big brekkie, relative peace and quiet, managing to escape without the twins this afternoon,  followed by a huge roast I think it's safe to say that we have a happy Daddy!
Hope you all had a lovely day, whatever you did.

Love,

http://www.wikio.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lovely load of pressies your hubbie got and I adore the berr idea!

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried to post on this last week & it would not let me with the blogger sisues, Hope it will now!

    I love the bottles witht he ties - genius, will use that in the future.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin