Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2011

No More Eggs!!!

I didn't manage to post much over Easter as we were rather busy visiting people and the weather was far too nice to be indoors. I did try and do as many crafty things with the girls as I could muster this year; they really do love it. I don't know why but the thought is always worse than the actual doing and they actually were really good!
I gathered lots of supplies the week before and boiled/blew the eggs out ready and they were rather excited.

I already had the red acrylic paint from Christmas but bought (what I thought would be) fun stencils for eggs too.
I had my own stash of supplies to play with when they were in bed. Egg painting is a tricky business; you can only paint one side at a time so it's a lengthy one too 'sigh'. I kept them on the work top and did a coat each time I boiled the kettle. Anyway, here are my supplies. Left over sample pots, very handy!

The girls were SO careful with their eggs. I put a little dab of sticky roller on the bottom of a tray so the eggs wouldn't roll about and each missy picked a colour.


The stencils were pants frankly. Despite much 'dab dabbing' and careful holding on the paint ran and the pictures non existant. Sooooo, we ditched them and they painted them all over, getting covered in the process. When they were dry the girls covered them in punched shapes, glitter and sparkly bits; much more fun!

They were exhausted after all that sticking and sprinkling so decided a lolly was in order; girls need sugar you know!
Why do so many of my pics have laundry drying in them?

I had also picked up some feathers and sticky bits to make some chicks so after we had washed our hands, faces and the table again they happily glued their creations.

I think they had a lot of fun despite sitting at the table most of the day. We also did some thumbprint chicks & bees which they really enjoyed. I had my fun once they had gone to bed, six pastel eggs decorated with my new Martha Stewart punch.
 and one polka dot one which I think is just lovely!
Happy Belated Easter, hope it was fun!

Love,


http://www.wikio.co.uk

4 comments:

  1. Your girls look like they had lots of fun :) I agree the polka dot egg looks rather splendid!

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wonderful and inspiring!
    Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at all those eggs, I bet they had the most fun!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your really lovely comment.

    Hope to get to know you better.

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They did have huge fun, it was the first time they ever did egg painting and I was surprised how much they enjoyed it. It was a little fraught at times, two four year olds, fragile eggs and red paint...

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin