Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

Magpie Monday-oooh just what I wanted!

I finally remembered this week that a) it is Monday and b) to join in with Magpie Monday fun on Me & My Shadow! Me and My Shadow
This week can only get better hey?

I love nothing better than a rummage around the Charity shops or flea markets. The ones here don't usually yield anything worth getting very excited about but sometimes you stumble across something lovely that you didn't know you wanted.
Even better, sometimes you are lucky enough to chance on something you really really wanted.
You might remember that I have been slowly adding to my stash of lovely green glass? I love the way the light shines through it and it feels very 'spring like' too. To me anyway...

So you can imagine how happy I was to find this little treasure tucked away at a place just around the corner!

Isn't it lovely!
I think it's pretty much all there although I am sure the glass tray didn't come with it originally. All the brass lids are intact and there are no chips of cracks; it's perfect.
It has already been washed, polished and filled with a powder puff and cotton wool and the odd pair of earrings on the dressing table.
All for the absolute bargain price of £5.99 too.
Mr Bunny has not yet noticed that the Vintage items are creeping into the bedroom. I did promise to keep them in the Kitchen and dining room after he made a small comment about 'all we need now is a Spitfire outside the damn kitchen window'.

Shhhhhhhh ok?





http://www.wikio.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Oh my oh my!!!

    What a gorgeous set, I love green glass too. Is it uranium glass?

    It's gorgeous and such pretty lids too. What a bargain!!

    I am getting over-excited I know, but I do love it!

    Thanks so much for joining xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fab! Am not sure, I just thought it was pressed glass? It doesn't glow at all.
    It's definately made in England!

    Am going to have huge fun joining in, such great finds x

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin