Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Magpie Monday - Feeding my obsession

I love that you find all the best things when you least expect it. I don't get to many markets or car boot sales so have to rely on the local charity shops for treasure and sometimes they really come up trumps!
I was happily pottering around the town, or having a 'mooch' as Grandma says when I decided to pop in to see a friend of mine who works in one of the many charity shops we have here.
I didn't see these lovely things at first as of course, my first concern was a good natter!
 They still had their bubblewrap on and were waiting to be priced.

They looked a little bit dusty and I wasn't sure how good the condition was really but the fact
that this piece had the original pottery salad servers made me think it had been taken pretty good care of.


Aren't they adorable!!!
There was even the matching butter dish, 
which already holds a new packet of scrummy Country Life.


When she uttered the words "Give me £6 for both of them" I didn't hesitate. 
I have become particularly fond of green lately! 

Pop over to MissLizzies Blog and see the other lovely finds for Magpie Monday
Me and My Shadow

Love,
http://www.wikio.co.uk

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, a bit of Carlton ware is it?

    What a bargain, you did really well to get it for that price. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! Just realised I forgot to say that :) I think it might become my new obsession to add to the list of others ha ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only checked out three Magpie Monday entries so far but something tells me you got the biggest bargains this week.
    Lovely and lucky timing of you going for that natter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! I saw fake ones of this design n my charity shop recently and they were more expensive than this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love going into "treasure" shops. its my bfs worst nightmare though and totally cringes when i squeel in delight while we are in a new area and see one i havent been in before. excellent find, would love to join in with this linky, if i get a chance to find some treasures that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello I'm your latest follower nice to meet you and find your lovely blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little find! Think I am going to start the charity browsing - they really do seem to get some good bits. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments!

    @Nikki; Mr Bunny used to be like this but now he comes home with things for me; he's actually getting quite good at spotting treasure so hang on in there :)x

    @Notyetayummymummy; Hello there! Thank you for following and your kind words. Am off to have a nosy at yours. x

    @Multiplemummy; Isn't it lovely! Sometimes they have absolutely nothing but once or twice recently they have some real gems- depending what your passion is of course! If I could just persuade Mr Bunny to take me to some antique markets & vintage fairs I am sure I could fill the whole house ha ha! x

    ReplyDelete

Comments always make my day!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin